Friday, May 28, 2010

Deadlines and More Deadlines

It appears that there's a catch to being a published author. With publication comes the understood acceptance of more deadlines. I've had a ton of them the past few weeks, which have kept me busy. I love writing, but the deadlines are going to take some getting used to.
What happens is that I'll check my email in the morning and see what projects the company are sending my way, and then have to plan my week around them. The priorities are constantly changing, which means that I'll have to stay on my toes. Also, it means that it's a bit harder to plan for the future than the typical 9-5 job. It's fine, just different. Right now I'm waiting for the next project. So I have a bit of down time to fill. I'm going to do a touch of painting over the weekend while I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment