Monday, April 7, 2014

Bitchy Post

Yeah, another typing exercise.  Take it for what it's worth.
For anyone in the future who is wondering what its like to interact with people in 2014, let me give you a mental picture.  Something that will make the whole experience come into perspective.  Put your head into a blender of soul-boring trivia and personal blanditude, and press "whirl".  Yeah, it's not a pretty experience, and one that I'd spare you from if I could.  But you're from the future, so your chance of actually interacting face-to-face with someone from the past is probably pretty small.  So time has come in handy in this one interest at least.  But if you ever start thinking that you're missing out on an experience of some entertainment, let me remove the scales from your eyes, as it were.  Talking with people in my time isn't that great.  It's just dull.
You see, for one thing, most media seems to think that when two people talk to each other they are sharing information which leaves the two affected parties improved in some way.  They are talking about experiences which are shared, or not.  They are discussing ideas or values which they both hold, or which are presented to each other in ways that make them more clearly understood.  All well and good, right?  I mean, afterall this is the purpose of communication in the first place.  And if that was actually what was transpiring at least 50 percent of the time, then communication would be a rewarding hobby.
But here's the scoop.  99.95% of what is discussed when two people get together in my time is not illuminating.  It's boring. 
I should mention right now that as I'm typing this, Kirstie is watching a YouTube rehash of an old nicolodeon show which was cancelled about 10 years ago for lack of popularity.  It's Garcia-something-or-other.  Yeah, it's bad.  But still not as bad as talking with my neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment