Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Et tu, anvil? (Part II)

With impending dread, I see the last line of the scene coming up, and realize there is no way to gracefully do this. Cleaning up the scrap metal has to be done front and center, not quietly off to the side because that is impossible at that point. Trying to hide the fact that I'm picking up the pieces of a prop would just draw more attention to it. So I've got to charge ahead and resist every urge to flee the stage as quickly as possible.

The last line is delivered...

I immediately fall to my knees and start stuffing the scrap metal into the remains of the suitcase while muttering aloud about how much I have it in for the Music Man and how much I can't believe how easily the people of River City are taken in by him. I look up during the tirade and realize that the Music Man and his sidekick have fled the stage leaving me to my own devices. HA! I can't blame them in the slightest, I'd have been sorely tempted to do the same thing!

When the last piece is finally put away, I growl something and stalk off the stage into the comforting edges of the stage. Thankfully this is the last scene that I need the anvil for, and we don't have any more performances for the rest of the day. All in all, it was by far the most exciting opening night I've ever been involved in!

No comments:

Post a Comment