Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wheels in motion

I'm typing this up at the local Starbucks while I wait for Kirstie to finish her class.  I'm determined to keep hammering away at this blog and catch up on my email as part of a New Year's resolution.
New Years has been a little different than what I'd first pictured.  For example, I got sick on Jan 2nd. 
Not too surprising, right?  I mean, who can say they've ever felt in top form on the second of January.  But this wasn't related to drinking or partying all night. This was the standard cold which decided to grab me by the throat and only now is letting up.  So I do feel a little justified in not being 100% diligent on my resolutions at the point.  I mean, how can one person prove they are out to better themselves while they are shoving a box of Kleenex up their nose?
It's not easy.
But, I'm still making the effort.  And now that my lungs aren't making interesting crinkling sounds when I breathe, I'm using the time to catch up on the blog and other aspects of my life.  Guitar is going well, a new painting is planned and I haven't been thrown out of any nice establishments.  Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment