Sunday, October 17, 2010

Working in Redlands

I had a full day behind the counter at the Redlands Art Association, but forgot my camera! ARGH!
I was hoping to take a few photos of the paintings that I have on display there, but managed to forget my camera on the way out the door. Computer, check. Book, check. Coffee, double check. But the camera didn't make it.
The theme of the gallery this month is "Red, White and Black", and there were a new batch of artists who had work on display. I was stunned by the change in the gallery since the last time I was there. When I'd gone down before, there were plenty of SouthWest themes and lots of Redlands city scenes. But this time there was an energy that was unexpected and wonderful to see. Some of the works were simple, but everything seemed to have nice touches that put them over and above most local galleries.
So how did my stuff hold up?
Pretty well actually, but not a blow out by any means. I held my own, which I'm very happy about. If I had a pocket full of cash on hand, I would have walked out with a few works, I don't mind saying. There was a Dance Macabre portrait that was VERY good. I think I'll send word through the gallery to the artist to let them know how much I liked the paintings I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment