Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hungry little Hawks

So I'm messing around in the garden feeling pretty good with myself. I've watered all the marigolds, iris' and a bunch of other flowering things that I haven't remembered the names too yet. I've fed the birds in the back yard, cut back a bush that was crowding the entry way and lopped off a few branches of a screwbean tree that were tapping my head as I walked into the house. I figured I'd done everything that needed doing in the morning.
Suddenly, I hear a low droning coming from right over my shoulder. I turned around, and was eye to eye with a hummingbird. I swear he was scowling as he flashed his iridescent chest. He waited. I waited. He waited some more.
Oh yeah, fill the hummingbird feeder. I'd almost forgot. He hadn't though.
Pretty pushy for a guy who play handball in my coffee mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment