Thursday, October 14, 2010

Always a Catch

Of course writing a blog is a double edged sword, because when there's plenty of interesting stuff going on, I'm too busy to blog. And when things finally die down for a bit and I can catch my breath, suddenly I've got lots of time for writing but nothing to say.
However, every now and then a chance comes along where I've got a few minutes free to keep the blog updated and also take a breather from events. This is one of those times, and I'm grabbing hold with both hands.
The play is less than a week away! Wow! OK, that was odd because I could have sworn I had months to get the lines down and work on pacing. Suddenly, the theater is selling tickets and the set is being built. Tonight will be devoted fully to rehearsal stuff which is a nice way of saying that we'll finally get to see how much of the dialog the leading man has learned. Yes, he's got a lot of stuff going on in his life right now (MLM stuff, a phase we've all gone through at one time or other), but seeing him stumble his way through the playbook is a scary experience.
Also, I'll be heading out to the House of Blues this weekend to catch my favorite local band and also rub shoulders with people who like good music loud. Or loud, good music. Heck, maybe they just like loud music. I don't care, just so long as they can dance.
Classes continue to be good, but more on that later.
Also, I finally got the sheet music for the guitar performance I'll be participating in this Christmas. Sure, it's a collection of standards. But the instructor found some versions which have a nice life to them, so if all goes well it should be a fun set to play. I actually really love Christmas music, but some versions are played more as a dirge than a festive tune. This stuff is actually pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment