Sunday, October 25, 2009

Artwork on Display

My piece created for the Integratron is now on display as part of the HWY 62 Art Tour! I stopped by the Integratron for a quick sound bath and to see what works were on display for the event. Happily, mine was proudly hanging inside under the sound chamber.
I missed out on it this year, but the Integratron does something very interesting that I'd like to try out in the future. They have artists duel in a 2 hour paint off. If this sounds strange, picture the scene in your head to truly appreciate how weird it can be. Artists line up behind their easels and have two hours to paint as much as possible about pretty much anything under the sun. The winner (or top three-four) winners are rounded up and displayed in a special area inside the Integratron.
There's not much more to it than that. Just a general art competition combined with the subtlety of a cage match.
I'll join it the next time it comes around, but this year I had pressing engagements demanding my time. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment