Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Revamping the Chrome

So what to do with an unplayable guitar? Weep bitter tears over the frets while your fingers caress its now unmusical body of course. But what about after that?
Well, I've always wanted to modify my chrome resonator so it would be an electric guitar. And I do have this useless guitar just chock full of parts... All I'd really need to do is to cannibalize the thing, stuff the parts into my chrome baby and make a few holes. Of course, I've never used a dremel tool to cut through curved steel before, but how hard can it be?

Actually, not that hard as it turns out.

Do you see that block of plastic with the equalizer controls? That wasn't there this morning. The same goes for the cable out jack at the base. The guitar is now an electric/acoustic hybrid. A working one! How does it sound? Well, weirder than before, but about 80 times more awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment