Wednesday, August 15, 2012

QR Code Coasters

Ceramic Tiles which become a QR Code when pieced together?  You bet!  This was the first project that I completed at the Burning House Art Studio, and I think it went very well!

These individual ceramic tiles become a QR code when assembled in the correct sequence.

These clay tiles are shown assembled in the correct sequence to be read by a QR Code scanner.

I am very happy with how this project came out.  There are two types of glaze on these tiles.  A gloss black and a crackle gloss cote for white.  Because I haven't done anything with clay for years, I really wasn't sure how the white would look when it came out of the kiln.  I didn't think it needed to be 'white white' to be read by a QR scanner, but figured it had to be bright enough to contrast with the black squares.  It couldn't have come out better.  The tiles are scannable and usable as coasters.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment