Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Shadow Lab

I finished Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth about three days ago, and to make space on my hard drive I deleted the program. I have some screen captures of paintings that may make nice pieces to rip off the walls, but hadn't decided on anything in particular yet.

Of course right away I got a call for art from The Lab. From the release:

"The Lab is seeking visual art, literary, and performance submissions for a group exhibition uncovering the shadow side of art.

Of particular interest are proposals that investigate negative astral correspondences in art history. We are looking for two- and three-dimensional pieces, video, installation, interactive, and experimental works involving anarchic local counter-culture rituals, nihilist esoterica, and an arcane aesthetic in general."

Argh! I just deleted the dang thing, and this would be perfect! Now I'm sure you'll agree that there isn't any such thing as 'negative astral correspondences' and stuff like that, but still if something is calling for dark art, Cthulhu is about as dark as it gets. I'll check it out further and see what pops up for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment