Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flickr Photos

I ran across a bunch of slides I'd taken from a photo class way back in Junior High, and decided to put them on my Flickr account. The photos aren't anything special at all, but might be of some interest to anyone who attended Clement Junior High in the 80's. So head over there and check them out at your leisure. Also, if you have any information about the people in the photos, please let me know and I'll update the information from them.
What is interesting about the class is that the students did all their work on black and white slides, so they could be processed in the school's dark room. The slides usually were covered with dust and debris, so even the best images would have a dated feel to them. I'm glad these survived and can't imagine that current photo classes use this medium any more. Digital cameras are so easy to use, and so low maintenance that a dark room would seem like a quaint lab to offer. Heck, I'm not even sure that the school has a photo class any more. But it was a great class during the years I was there, and was one of the bright spots of my day. Thanks Ms. Alexandrus!

No comments:

Post a Comment