Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Forum Moderator

I've been asked to be a forum moderator for an online art site! OK, this was completely out of the blue and it's probably going to require much more time than I really can allow for a project, but talk about something that's hard to pass up. Why did they do away with the term "Webmaster"? Now that I finally get my chance, the vogue term is "Moderator" which sounds more like a person arbitrating deals on bulk goods.
Webmaster. I like the sound of that. Maybe I'll just have to make it my screen name.
But what is really exciting about this is the opportunity to check out what other artists are doing, and guide discussion on the site. That alone is worth the time spent in front of the monitor. The company is just rolling out the site right now, so I have no idea what to expect. But I'll be sure to place updates here.
Oh, I'm gonna have to get a new Avatar. Yeah... Something with shiny chrome mebbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment