Friday, September 24, 2010

Red and the Black

I currently have two paintings at the Redlands gallery for the "Red and Black" exhibit which will be running for the next month. These are the paintings that I created only using three colors, but now that I've been down there I don't think that was completely necessary. In fact, I'm beginning to think that the 'theme' for the shows are less of a broad guide and more of a mild suggestion. I didn't see anything that was boldly red or black.
But I did see some fantastic glass work, which was a treat. I haven't seen amazing pieces outside of the Tacoma Glass Museum, at least not in CA. But whoever was exhibiting their glass at the Redlands gallery obviously knows the craft. Pretty amazing stuff.

Also, there is a guest artist on exhibit, and I'm planning a prank. Yeah, it's the Yucca Valley guy again, robots and all. I already have my canvas ready....

No comments:

Post a Comment