Monday, September 13, 2010

Screwtape and Wormwood

I just got a part in a High Desert production of "Screwtape" which surprises me because until a few weeks ago I didn't realize that the book ever was made into a play. It was, and what is even more impressive, it was authorized for the stage by C.S. Lewis himself! So this isn't one person's obsession to bring the book to the stage, but an actual adoption by the author.

The down side is that all the minion roles were taken, so the chances of me wearing a tail and stroking my goatee in a Mephistophelian way is zero. But I do get to do a lot of yelling, so that makes up for it. I get to play Mr. Macadam, who is a wealthy tycoon and abrasive personality. I'll have to work on the role. I did the rehearsal while grinning from ear to ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment