Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Music Show

I just shared a stage with about 20 other guitarists in the High Desert Christmas Music show. OK, it's a huge name for what was essentially a small performance, but there's no denying the fact that it was a heck of a lot of fun to do.
For this show I took my chrome monster of a guitar. It doesn't have the greatest sound, but at the same time it rests very comfortably in my lap while I play it, and I wasn't concerned about being able to pick my notes out of the wall of sounds coming from the people playing around me. If the chrome beast has anything going for it, it's tone. A unique tone. Sometimes it howls like a wildcat, and other times it growls like a badger. This time I got lucky. It was content to make a throaty purr as I played.
The concert was accompanied by three singers who took turns with the music. All were good, and one in particular was exceptional. I didn't catch her name, otherwise I'd have put it here. She was excellent, and everyone tried to play up to the standard she was setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment