Sunday, December 26, 2010

Closed Beta : RIFT

I wasn't expecting it, but I had a Christmas gift come early this year for me. I was invited to participate in the closed beta testing of RIFT : Planes of Telara!

The catch came when I had to make some space on the computer to allow for a massive 8 GB download of the game. I was just in the process of finishing up Syria 2, so I quickly ran through the last remaining puzzles in that title and then cleaned off my drive. I'll write more about those games (Syria 1 and 2) later because I really do want to do justice to the titles. Excellent Adventuring!

RIFT looks fantastic. Sure, some of the mobs look a little rough around the edges, and the character classes and specialties are one's that I'm not familiar enough with to decide on a favorite. But this is going to be fun to test out, and I'll be sure to write a ton of feedback to the developers about the play experience.

I did have to sign a NDA to get into the beta, so the blog will be mum about it from here on out. But once the NDA is lifted, I'll post my beta testing experiences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment