Thursday, March 1, 2012

Opening Night, Revenge of the Pirates

This is the official opening night for the VVC production of Pirates of Penzance. I really enjoy this play. The music is top notch, but the humor makes every experience new and fresh even if I've heard the 'often - orphan' joke a million times before.

Actually there was something that could have been fantastic about this production of the G&S play which was a bit of a missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned. This is a leap year, and we had rehearsal right in the middle of Feb the 29th. Frederick's Birthday! It would have been natural for us to have gotten together and had a special birthday celebration for Frederick, but for some reason we didn't do anything. Maybe it was because we've been working our tails off getting ready for the opening night and no one had any time free. But either way, I'd have liked to have done something.

Only two more pages to go for the shoe story. Yee Ha! This has been one project which has taken about two more weeks longer than I'd have originally estimates and I've been trying to play catch up ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment