Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lucha Libre Cards Update

I've been able to use a format which allows each "pip" on the card to be clearly seen and not run into the other objects on the card.  This is just a technical way of saying that I found a way to put everything on the card so that it will fit.  Using logic, I started off by designing the two of clubs.  Of course, what looks good on a two doesn't necessarily look good on a ten.  Two masked faces on the two look clean and tidy.  10 masked faces on the 10 can look cluttered and messy.  I avoided this by keeping the color ranges to a minimum so the eye doesn't become confused when looking at the card.  In addition to this, I made sure that the faces were organized on the card and not placed randomly in a chaotic pattern.  Finally, nothing is occluding the numbers and suits in the corners.
The results are positive, and the next step is moving on to the face cards.  Wow, this project really took off quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment