Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lucha Libre Deck, what does it mean?

A Lucha Libre deck is past due.  Far past due.
Before embarking on project I check the Internet to see if it's been done before.  As my Loteria deck, it's surprising that it hasn't been created before now.  Lucha Libre lends itself to a deck in multiple ways and the more I thought about it, the more natural it becomes.  Now comes the hard part...  the art.
This deck is a little easer than the other ones I've designed because the format that I'm using came together nicely from the start.  Usually I spend a lot of time tweaking and modifying a layout to use that is visible on a small card but still with a unique flair.  This design I've decided on fulfills those criteria nicely and looks amazing.  I've already completed cards 2-9 for clubs and will be starting on the other suits tonight.
The real heavy-lifting of this project will be the face cards.  I want to have something that has a Mexican flavor but is specifically targeted to Lucha VaVoom.  THAT is going to require some skill!

No comments:

Post a Comment