Saturday, September 19, 2009

Analog Great Robotic Uprising Threat Detectors, Part II

Let's try this again:First run of a series of portable Great Robotic Uprising Threat detectors.  Each one hand painted and detailed by Ted Puffer.

Nice little assembly line if I do say so myself. I've upgraded my Analog Robotic Uprising Threat Detector assembly operation. Analog Robit Uprising Threat Detectors will no longer be manufactured using sentient or semi-sentient robots. What you see here is the first run of the Mark II version of the unit which is still able to detect the amount of threat which local robots pose to humans.
This device is superior to the previous model in one vital way. Namely it is small enough to fit in the Art-o-mat systems. Good grief! I didn't think that making them smaller would be such a big deal, no pun intended. But the more I worked on this project, the weirder it go. I'm including an instruction sheet with every unit, and the instructions kept adding to the overall size! What on earth? How could one piece of paper throw off my calculations so much? It still fits, but let me tell you, whoever uses the Art-o-mat to get a unit is in for a treat. The box may be small, but it's packed with lots of goodies.
11 units created so far, and 50 is the total. If I make another submission to Art-o-mat it will be different. I don't want to get burned out on this project, and making a huge run would be a challenge. But the first one is done and will be on its way for judging on Monday. So fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment