Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Submission Completed!

A steampunk styled great robotic uprising personal threat detector.  This size proved to be too large for the boxes they were destined for and the project needed to be scrapped.
It's finally complete! The prototype Analog Robotic Uprising Threat Detector is finally complete and ready for submission to Art-o-mat. Whew!
I don't mind saying that I struggled with this little project. There were a few limitations which I hadn't counted on that made the whole thing tricky to pull off. Firstly was cost. It's one thing to put a few bucks into a project, but with the possibility of making 50 devices, cost becomes a factor very quickly. I could have added a 3 dollar bit of flash to each one, but at the end of this project I'd have sunk $150 for that little bit of flare. Not a good idea, or at least not a cost effective one. So with budget in mind I set about making the device and from my viewpoint it looks terrific.
Now to send it away and cross my fingers. If all goes well, than at least 50 people across the country will be safe (or safer) from the coming Great Robotic Uprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment