Friday, September 18, 2009

Threat Detector Redeux

OK, just a few more pieces of artwork to go and the second generation of the Analog Robotic Uprising Threat Detector will be complete. I've made this version thicker, so it has a bit more heft to it. The wood is rough, but that just adds to the texture of the whole piece. I still have to make about a dozen antennas, but should be able to kick that out in no time. Remember, the idea behind this project is to make a unique, quality piece of artwork without breaking my budget of cash and time, both of which I have in short supply.
But a dozen?
Yep. Eleven to be exact, but close enough. The first build was limited to 4 pieces, but this run has 11. I'm treating all of them the same, so the one that I submit to the Art-o-mat will not be special in any particular way. So if that one gets selected for a machine, I can be confident that all will be ready and worthy of sales.
They're worthy, no doubt. I love these things.
(photos to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment