Thursday, September 10, 2009

Curses! Foiled Again!

I really don't' want to talk about it. I don't want to describe in any detail my horror at discovering the Analog Robotic Uprising Threat Detector is too big for the Art-o-mat vending machine. What went wrong? Did I not read the instructions correctly?
According to the website, all artistic submissions should have a completed width of 2 1/8". But when I printed out their template box, the box only measures 2 inches wide. No matter how much I bend and squeeze the ARUTD unit, it won't fit! I check the box.. 2 inches...
Grrrr.
Back to the drawing board.
It's not easy using art to protect people from the coming Great Robotic Uprising, but I'm willing to give it another go.
The real hitch is that the ARUTD unit is specifically made to be 2 1/8 inches wide. Any smaller and the unit just won't work at all. All the artwork, stencils and gearing are made to a larger specification. So if I want to try again, the unit will look completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment