Friday, March 26, 2010

Blogger Teams Up

This morning I just got word from Blogspot that they are adding new tools to make it easier to customize the look of individual blogs. This means that anyone who makes a blog can now add style and glitz to their site with little effort.
I don't think this is a good thing because I love the sparce feel of Blogspot! Here's the deal. I've been desigining websites for awhile now and it's easy to make a site that has a ton of stuff on it and a million pictures. Check out ATALENTFORRAW for goodness sakes! Notice anything when you get there? How about the fact that every little bit of the screen has a texture, style or theme associated with it.
Now sure it's fun to make something that just leaps off the monitor, but in the back of my mind I can't get past the fact that the best site in the world has none of it.
Google.
Heck, even Fark.
Or if I'm going to push the issue, look at Drudge. Buzzflash was awesome, until they updated the site and hid half of their content.

So ease of access is important. Not just the ability to throw stuff into another template.

No comments:

Post a Comment