Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome to Radio Free Illuin!

Just a quick update as I float around Illuin gathering goodies to melt down into money. Eve Online does come pre-packaged with a nice soundtrack, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be playing correctly as I run around the universe. The tracks are good ambient pieces which add to the majesty of the vast reaches the players go through. However my jukebox is stuck.
It plays a piece, and then falls silent.
I'll be the first to say that the soundtrack or music is normally the first to go when I'm playing an epic game. As good as the music is, it's never something that I want to hear a few dozen times in a row. Heck, even Uriah Heep isn't that good.
But there's a nice little feature in Eve which addresses that issue. The jukebox allows players to create their own playlists as they plumb the inky black. So while I'm skating the warp through Illuin, I'm blasting The Pretenders.

Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment