Sunday, March 7, 2010

Red Line



This is my first submission for The Lab's Dark Art show. I've texturized this image in Photoshop a bit, but just to bring out some of the detail which is lost from the picture. This image is from Pathologic. Is there anything in that game which doesn't lend itself to art? If so, I haven't run across it yet.
The virtual painting is sort of strange, and very 'flat'. The virtual painting looks like it's been sketched on clay slate with chalk, which isn't an effect that I go for, but really did like and wanted to capture as much as possible. Since this painting has lots of hurried brush strokes, as well as dark spatters of paint, I couldn't do an exact copy of the image. Knowing that would be impossible, I tried to capture the feel of the painting as much as possible. I think I did pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment