Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Catwoman



Pretty nice, eh? This is a piece that I picked up at the Catalyst Foundation Art Auction at The House of Blues. All of the artwork was good, I can't stress that enough. Each piece showed amazing talent, and had something for everyone in attendance. This one called my name loudest, and I couldn't resist placing a bid early on.
As the evening progressed, I found that I was the first and only bid on this painting. Wow! It must be something about the economy, because I thought that every painting would have sold by the time the last act left the stage. From what I could tell, only 10% of the paintings found a home, which I hope doesn't discourage any of the artists. I can't stress enough how good they all were.
This piece (Inside Out Girl) or as I call her "Catwoman" is hanging on my wall now. It makes for a great Avatar. Who would have thunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment