Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monterey in the Rain

Is it worth driving about 7 hours to spend a few days in Monterey just for the rain? Actually, yes it is. If you've suddenly found yourself living in an area that gets rain about once every three months, then it's well worth the drive to the beach. It's beautiful out here right now. Lots of fog, heavy rain and leaden, overcast skies.

I'm taking the guitar on the road, along with a variety of laptops. For this trip I'm not traveling lightly. Sometimes it's very freeing to just get in the car and head for the horizon, not caring where the travels will take you. Then sometimes you've got baggage. This is a baggage trip.
I'm on the clock for Zurich, which means that I have to keep in constant contact with my employers, just in case they need me for a project. As it turns out, they do. The moment I logged in from the hotel I found some messages waiting for me asking me to log onto the FTP server for some last minute projects. Thank goodness I'd set up the netbook for FTP access. Its got PhotoShop and Adobe InDesign loaded as well, although I have yet to put them through their paces on the lightweight system. Still, it should work for basic projects.

And I guess this is the perfect time to try it out. I'm in the motel room right now and the sounds of rain are pattering against the window. Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment