Monday, November 8, 2010

Pacific Grove and Butterflies

butterflies are a big deal around here. Pacific Grove names itself the Butterfly City because the Monarch butterflies make a point of using this area as an endpoint on their annual migration. One end of the route is firmly planted in Mexico somewhere, and the other stretches up the state to wrap itself around Monterey.

It's beautiful here. It's raining, the waves are coming in like semis crashing along the beaches and the air is cool with a hint of storms. Everything that I look for in a mid November.

The best part about this trip was that I got to meet a relative which Kathy had uncovered from her work in genealogy. This would be my Grandfathers-Brothers-Daughter, which translates into 'second cousin' if you do all the math. Math has never been my strong suit, so I'll just say she's a relative and one that I'm happy to have met. She's a lot of fun, has a great smile and made me feel very welcome when we showed up on her doorstep! I'm hoping that we can return the favor if she ever decides to make a trip to Southern CA. Ideally, we can meet up with her in Cape Cod if she's willing to make the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment