Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dark Corners of the Earth Painting



This really did come out about a million times creepier than I'd intended. It started out as a simple idea. I was going to make the standard "virtual painting" that I've done a few times before. Many months ago I was playing "Dark Corners of the Earth", and noticed some cool paintings hanging in the cultist's lair. Shadowy works which went hand in hand with the disturbing setting. So I took a few screen grabs and put them on the back burner to wait until I had time to put one or two of them to canvas.

But there's a huge difference from looking at a painting on your monitor that's only about 300 pixels wide to having the whole 2' x 3' painting staring at you from your wall. Yikes! This thing just creeps me out! I mean, I'm glad I painted it and all.... and in general I'm pleased with the way it came out... but I can't shake the feeling that the eyes are following me around the room when I'm not looking. Good grief. I'm going to have to throw a towel over the thing or I'm never going to sleep again.

It really is a nice painting and the colors and textures came out better than I'd ever imagined. But still. Gugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment