Sunday, March 27, 2011

Writers Block Blog

There was something that I thought I'd throw in here just in case any readers are wondering why some of my blog posts ramble a little longer than decency would normally allow. It's because when I'm working on a writing project and get that creeping writer's block feeling shooting up and down my spine I find it helps to put some thoughts down first.
I suppose that if I just started filling a random page with text and then deleted the document before starting my 'real' work, there would be no practical difference. I would have gotten the creative juices flowing and exercised my typing fingers a bit for the work ahead. But in this case I'm going for some multitasking and updating the blog while I get my brain switched into "write" mode.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes I come to the logical end of a blog posting and then discover that the writer's block is still there and I'm just as stuck as when I started.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment