Monday, September 7, 2009

Robotic Uprising Threat Detection Manual

A complete printout guide for how to use the DIY Great Robotic Threat Detector.  Instructions and Warnings are included in this manual.The prototype for my submission to Art-o-mat is almost done. I hit a small snag which is keeping me from finishing it this evening. But that just means that I focused on the manual that will go along with the gauge. At first I'd thought about packing lots of print out 'goodies' along with the gauge, so that whoever buys a gauge would get some other treats as well. This is still a good idea, but the Art-o-mat site gives caution about packing too many photocopied works. It does make sense. When you're planning on making a run of something, it saves boatloads of time to just run down to Kinkos and knock it out.
The flip side is that it looks like it. Everyone will know that you spent 5 minutes in front of a photocopier.
So I scaled back the idea and am just going to include a sheet of instructions for the artwork which carries the bizarre theme. Personally I really like the offset color blocks. It looks like a cheezy mimeographed copy, which is exactly the sort of effect that I'm looking for. The gauge has a weird retro look and I wanted to carry that through to the printed stuff as well.

By the way, that's a pretty cool eye picture at the bottom there, as well as the silhouette of the guy speaking. It got covered up by the circle and slash, so you don't get to see it that well, so trust me, they look awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment