Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hard Eight Loteria Card

The Hand loteria card is used in tarot readings and divination.  The hand of a criminal.
"The Hand" Loteria Card
"The Hand" loteria card is one of the most enticing to do because of the subject matter.  The image itself is simple, a hand.  But when considering that the hand is a favorite subject of artists and is used for building technique, than suddenly this card becomes a real joy to do.
There are many different styles of "La Mano" from various decks, but the ones that I was most drawn to feature a simple hand in all its intricate detail.
I've posted this card graphic here and will also include it on the in depth loteria site later.

Although it may not be obvious due to the small size of this image, I've found a solution to a problem I was having with Photoshop.  When the image is flattened to appear as a .jpg, the layer effects of the number in the upper left corner were removed.  This made the number to appear more simple and less clearly defined than I wanted.  I was convinced that it was a problem in the way I was applying layer effects but the fix was more simple than I could have imagined.  I  just needed to view the image full sized before flattening.  This allowed the layers to be rasterized without losing any detail.  I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to find away around this before finding the solution online.

No comments:

Post a Comment