Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Praying Violoncello

A loteria card used for fortune telling which features a praying mantis playing a cello.
"The Cello" Loteria Card
The "El Violoncello" card features a praying mantis playing a cello, indicating great skill and ability at a complex task.  If this card appears in a loteria fortune reading there is a good chance that the subject will be facing a situation which requires all their innate abilities.
For some reason, this painting came together very quickly.  I barely turned my back and it was done.  However, there was a problem that I had with the figure's elbow which required me to do some PhotoShop fixing.  I really am not sure how I feel about leaning on a digital tool to tweak a painting, but there's no denying that the results are satisfactory.

To understand how The Cello card applies to fortune telling, I've included some pages of instruction on the main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment