Thursday, February 16, 2012

From the top, with the band

This is the first day of Pirates rehearsal that is taking place with the full orchestra along for the ride. It is making a huge difference, and is giving the merry pirate band confidence which was shaken after a spotty rehearsal the night before. I'm not sure what was causing such a star-crossed rehearsal, but I think that everyone left yesterday thinking that maybe this production of the famous G&S play just wasn't going to happen.
But a good night's sleep and a huge base drum later, we're right where we should be. Still a little shaky, but coming together nicely.

On a completely unrelated note, there is a huge Blockbuster video store that is going under in Yucipa. I'm not above hovering over a business going under like a vulture, so I headed out with my babe to see what deals we could score. The complete second season of Battlestar Galactica is now in my library. Woot! Now to find the time to actually watch them...

No comments:

Post a Comment