Saturday, February 25, 2012

Odd Duck

On the VVC campus today there are a variety of waterfowl which really shouldn't be here. I think that they are here because of a mixture of unseasonable weather (it is late February and is balmy warm), and wind (this is the High Desert after all)

There are coots on the ponds which isn't unusual at all. I can't count the number of times where I've seen there small, dark pod-like bodies scuttling over the choppy surface of the wind blown lake. There are also magpies and blackbirds making a noisy chorus in the trees as well. But most surprisingly are the Canada geese which have planted themselves on the Northern edge of the main lake and are placidly snacking away on the greenery. What on earth are they doing here? They aren't making a sound aside from the crunching of leaves, so I'm missing their hollow honking, but it is so great to see their plump bundles bobbing on the surface of the water. I don't know how long they are going to stay here, and who know where on Earth they think they actually are, but what a treat to see!

I also got the part of Prez for The Pajama Game. Yee Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment