Monday, February 27, 2012

Time Machine

I know that sometime in the next week I'll have five minutes to rub together, but exactly when that is going to happen and where it's going to be coming from.

Between that sentence and this one, 24 hours have passed and I'm right back where I was when I began. In the green room of the VVC production of Pirates, trying to avoid too much chit chat while I'm getting ready to hit the stage. I don't have any problems socializing with folks in a production, in fact it is one of the things which makes being an actor so much fun. But I do need a few minutes alone to ground myself and sometimes it isn't easy. When the energy is high in the back, not getting pulled into a conversation is tricky.

We've got only a few more days before opening night and things are looking like they've come together nicely. The cast sounds very good and as far as I can tell the scenes have a nice, natural life of their own and the story of the Pirates of Penzance is intact and ready to be told. Fingers crossed for a fantastic performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment