Friday, August 28, 2009

First look at cards

These cardes are based on double fanucci and were digitally created by Ted Puffer
The card game Double Fanucci is imagined here as having blue books for one of its many suits.  This set of cards was created by Ted Puffer.  Inked and digitally scanned.
Here's the first look at my Double Fanucci Deck. Not bad! It's still incomplete because I haven't finished the face cards yet, but there are only nine of those so I should have them done before too long. All the suits are completed and I'm pleased with the results.
I still need to modify the images because the cards should have rounded corners similar to any poker deck, but again, that should be easy to do.
For this project I sketched out the images I wanted to use and then scanned them into Photoshop. After putting some color and texture on the cards I put them over a colorful background to make them stand out. The background was really the fun part. For that I painted a standard parchment layout on canvas and then scanned the image. When the two images are combined, both are improved!
But even so, what a deck! There are so many cards that a complete deck will be about two inches thick. Wow. But for what is inarguably the greatest card game ever created, it's only fitting that it commands a deck of intimidating size.

No comments:

Post a Comment