Sunday, August 30, 2009

Making Tracks

The first drop of ink has hit the page for my tract. I've put down a tight framework for a story and have started putting together the artwork around it. I decided that since the tract will have about 24 panels of artwork, I wanted to be very clear in advance what was going to be on it. If I just tackled the project in a loose manner, I'd probably end up making more artwork than I'd use. Sure, it's good practice for learning perspectives and helps the creative process along, but I get bored easily. Not only that, but the immediate gratification aspect would be lost. I want a tract RIGHT NOW!
But first I have to put some effort into it, and that's what I've been working on today. The story will center around the human condition and some aliens. Gotta love aliens. The setting will be similar to Victorville, for no other reason that it will be much easier to draw. I could set the story in Boston and then spend the next year and a half drawing building, but I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment