Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Comic Saltmine

I think I've mentioned it before, but there is a strange sort of tug-of-war that goes on when life get's really exciting and I want to write about it. It boils down to this. When there is lots going on, I don't have any time to write about it. And when time is heavy on my hands and I've got lots of opportunity to put thought to digital ink, there's nothing to write about.

So I'm going to keep this brief, because this is one of the former situations rather than the latter.

I'm in the middle of wrapping up a 38 page comic in French, right on the heels of a 50 page comic that was Chinese. Before that was another 50 page comic that was in a language which was completely unfamiliar to me. Heck, it might have been in Elvin for all I know. All I cared about was that the text needed to be scrapped completely and replaced with dialog that I came up with on the fly.

So lots of activity, and lots of new projects to work on. Huzzah!

I've also gotten back into the guitar classes after a quick two week break from the Christmas recital. The next goal for guitar comes in July when the group will be performing at a community event center. I don't have too many details on that event, but it looks like it will share the same basic outline that the previous recital had, in that there will be about 30 guitars playing at one time and vying for the attention of about 200 people. Heck, what could go wrong?

Oh, Tripwire did an awesome performance at the Triangle Club in Pomona, and opened with a new song (for them) that I have reservations about. It was "My Sharona", which as you and everyone else in the 21st Century knows is an old song with a catchy hook. But I've heard that hook more times than I can count, and have already been happy to pass that song along to history. In other words, I really don't have a burning desire to ever hear that song again.

But when all is said and done, Tripwire did a great cover of it. In fact, it was damn good. I didn't dance to it though. I saved my dancing for later on in the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment