Saturday, January 1, 2011

University of Phoenix : Winter Break

Ted Puffer is taking a break from the University of Phoenix. At least until the first week of January is over with.

I didn't appreciate that the online college recognized a winter break, because the punishing pace that the classes run at made me think they would be going come hell or high water. This is the first break that I've had since signing up for the online classes, and have been making the most of it! For the first time in months, I don't have a paper due every other day! Yee-HA!

Now the classes for the University of Phoenix do take a little getting used to, and it's not just because there is a ton of reading involved. Actually, the reading is something that comes easy for me. I've always been a book-hound, and there are many times where I'll have a paperback or two stashed away in case of emergency. I think that every car I've owned has had a paperback book tucked away under the driver's or passenger's seat. I'm always very careful to make sure it's a title that is something which can be picked up and put down again at a moment's notice, and is also a story that isn't so engaging that I'll be tempted to read in one go.
Thank goodness, that description covers about 3/4ths of all sci-fi books out there.

For the classes that I've been taking, the reading material has covered a wide range of subjects, and I'm looking for (but have yet to find) a pattern behind the suggested articles and subjects. All of the articles that have appeared as required reading are related to the subject of the classes, but many are pulled from sources which I didn't know to have existed. This ensures that all students are given a wide range of materials to research, as well as see multiple points of view from various leaders in academic fields. It's quite an experience, and one which I'm constantly excited about participating in.

But even so, the break is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment