Sunday, January 2, 2011

Perpetuum - Get Your Rocks Off

I haven't heard word about the ULA for the RIFT beta testing that I took part in, so I'll still hold off on my reviews about that MMORPG for later. But in the meantime, the experience has encouraged me to check out Perpetuum. Give me a shout if you find yourself in game

Perpetuum shares a lot with EVE online. If you like EVE, then you will feel right at home piloting a gigantic robot around the wastes of the Perpetuum universe. If the controls of EVE leave you colder than a space-suit with a malfunctioning fly, and who on Earth could blame you, then Perpetuum won't be your cup of tea. The controls aren't intuitive, and the game play is more of the sandbox style approach than the linear mission-based MMORPGs which are common across the Net. You get to make your own fun, and it is up to the individual player to determine what 'fun' is. Right now, I'm just trying to stay alive. The drones in the beginners level are in constant danger of overcoming my defenses, and since you do have an unlimited amount of lives, but finite number of robots to pilot, staying alive is extremely important.

My handle is either "Suggoth" or "Sandow", depending on my mood.

By the way, don't get me started on skill 'upgrades', and the method that the designers or Perpetuum have decided to handle points.

No comments:

Post a Comment