Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Man In Black Loteria

This is one of the most controversial cards in the loteria deck.  There is no tarot equivelant, and the figure is scary and is a harbinger of fear and suffering.
"The Little Black Man" Loteria Card
"The Little Black One"

This is a modified version of the previous Avatar image I made. Unintentional similarity to the El Negrito Loteria card prompted me to commandeer it for the King of Clubs. This is a painting that I've always liked, even though the figure depicts a figure that is associated with fear and bad luck, this is something that just... well... I like it. What more can I say?

Do you notice the woman's face on the left side of the card? It took me about a year to notice that!

Update!:  This image is controversial, but if you want to find out more about the El Negrito loteria card, follow the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment