Friday, April 13, 2012

Zap Gun! Pew Pew!

A Steampunk ray gun created with PVC tubing and rivits.
a PVC ray gun created with the DIY spirit.  This gun was made to be an accessory for a steampunk themed wedding.

The Zap Gun for Faith's wedding is complete! To be a little more accurate, this isn't a sidearm for the bride but a hogleg for the mother of the bride. What amazes me about the piece isn't the fact that it looks pretty darn good for a project without a preconceived plan. What gets me is that the handle is extremely securely attached to the barrel. That was more than I hoped for. I thought I could get away with having a zap gun that was delicately attached, leaving the person holding the weapon to treat it with extreme caution.
But PVC turns out to be a miracle material and it took the handle with a grip second only to welding. The paint on the handle may not take a lot of knocking about, but the barrel will break before the handle comes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment