Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Parrot of the Loteria Deck

The Parrot flying and squawking like a dirvish illustrates the meaning behind this loteria card when it appears in tarot readings.
"The Parrot" Loteria Card
"The Parrot"

There is no doubt that this is one colorful and garish bird, but good grief it's hard to paint!  I've got countless tubes of color in my paint box, but that doesn't mean it was easy to do justice to this guy.  Just look at him!  I had no idea the different shades of blue on your standard parrot.  Some are flat, others iridescent, and all of them are combined into ways that made my head spin.
But all in all, I think I got it about right.
This was the final card that I needed to complete for the Diamond suit.  I'd made The Rooster card months ago and had forgotten that it had a value of the King of Diamonds.  So suddenly I realized that one more suit on the loteria deck is now complete.  Half way there!

Update: For details on what this card means for fortune telling, I've updated the main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment