Monday, July 9, 2012

Within Each Heart, Beats a Drum

The Drum is encased in a ribcage and is shown as a beating heart in this loteria card.
The Drum Loteria Card
The Drum

This is the first time that the template that I established at the start of this project has come around to bite me in the hindquarters.  Considering that I'm a hair over the halfway mark, I really should be counting myself lucky.  I really thought that if there were going to be major design issues they'd have shown themselves before now.
The scroll looks fantastic, but is hiding the fact this the drum for "El Tambor" is enclosed in a ribcage and has blood vessels snaking out and entwining themselves in the structure of the drum.  This is a card that came out much better than I thought possible, but most of the nice detail and great composition is hidden and there's not too much I can do about it.  I'll post a template-free picture of this painting later.

Update:  Until the template-free image is posted, I've updated the loteria site to include this fortune telling card.

No comments:

Post a Comment