Thursday, January 7, 2010

Off to a huge start

The year is only a couple of days old, but already some deadlines have crept into my calendar. Good deadlines. Cool deadlines...
SEAF is issuing it's call for art and I'm determined to get something into this show. I was turned down last time, but I've got a better idea about what they're looking for now so think I have a good chance of getting something into the show. When I was passed over for artwork a few years ago, I made sure to volunteer for the show anyway so I got to hob-nob with the folks during the run. It was one of the greatest expereinces of my life. There was something so great about being completley surrounded by artistic and creative people at every turn.
Now my memory was that the festival took place in October, so I figured that I had a few months to come up with something to show. But a little early research found that the call for art ends on Jan 30! AHHH! Artistic juices, start flowing! NOW!
Also, the Mini Multi Media show in Redlands has it's call for art going on right now, with a deadline about the middle of February. I was focused on this project when I checked out the SEAF site. Um. Somehow they will both get done. I'm not sure how, but somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment