Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tripwire Concert Review




Tripwire rocks the house!


Yes, the pictures suck. But they were taken from a phone in a crowded club, so what are ya going to do?


Last nights concert was a success by all measures. And by that, I mean the measures in which I rate all concerts I go to. Did I dance? Were there plenty of cool people around? Did I get to chat with the lead singer and/or lead guitarist?

YES!

Of course this would have been a hard concert to knock in any case, since it featured primarily 80's tunes which even if they were done only semi-well would have still been great, but the walls were shaking with good music and I had a great time. Natalie is very talented and was able to bring the gritty anger to plenty of Alanis Morissette songs, as well as the haunting tones of "White Rabbit". Not an easy trick to pull off! Tom (lead guitarist) makes me happy that I'm taking that VV class in the spring. He shreds.

Tripwire made it a late night, so I'm blurry this morning but there was no way I wasn't shutting down the show.

So of course I'm looking for clubs a little closer to my home base to visit. This one was the Triangle Club in Pomona, which is a good hour away on the best case scenario and almost impossible to get to if there's traffic. But Natalie does play at a club in Rancho Cucamonga and I'll be making a few visits there for the next event. There is a club in Apple Valley but I've no idea what it's like but will check it out since it's so close. The High Desert does have a nightlife, you've just go to hunt it down and tackle it before it bolts.

Also, I've got to get a copy of "You're So Vain". I haven't heard that song in ages and love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment