Saturday, January 30, 2010

SEAF Fairy Submission


Did it!

I completed one painting for submission into SEAF, and had about 24 hours to spare. SEAF does allow artists to submit up to three works for consideration into the show, but that just wasn't going to happen. I had two possibilities for ideas, but only time enough to flesh out one of them. As it is, it worked out well enough. One painting is down, and on its way for approval or rejection. Fingers are crossed!

As a bit of a disclaimer, this image is modified for the blog. Yeah, what can I say... There's no way on earth I'd censor one of my paintings for the public approval, but this really isn't my painting. Not really. I made it to be shown and then sold, and it's not the sort of subject that truely resonates with me on any meaningful level. I do like it, but it's not what I'd consider a part of me, or representateive of myself in any way. It doesn't have anything to say. It just is. It's fun, its silly and kinda hot.

Anyway, I'll update the 'log when I get a response one way or another.

Don't ask where the Blue Fairy's feet are. I don't have a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment